About these charts
For these 4 charts with 4 data filters:
- All charts have a regional workforce element.
- Not all filters apply to all charts. We explained below which filters apply to which charts.
- In some regions, we've combined designations with low workforce numbers for privacy.
- We exclude designations with estimated counts – 'relevant' and 'other'.
- Scale may not begin at zero because charts auto-fit to the data.
Food and fibre workforce as proportion of regional workforce
- This chart compares food and fibre sector workforce as a proportion of total workforce by region in any year. We've broken down the workforce by designation if it applies.
- Filter to use: Year
Average annual regional workforce counts by sector-designation
- This chart compares workforce numbers across regions by sector and year. We've broken down the sector by designation if it applies.
- Filters to use: Sector, year
Regional workforce trend for sector-designation
- This chart shows regional trends in workforce numbers over time by sector and designation.
- Filters to use: Sector, designation
Sector workforce trend for region
- This chart shows workforce numbers for a region and sector, broken down by designation if it applies.
- Filters to use: Sector, region
Useful features on all charts
- Show exact numbers by holding the mouse over the chart.
- Some charts let you narrow or widen date range using the handles at the bottom of the chart.
- Hide or show a series by clicking its name in the legend below the chart.
- View full screen or download in different formats using the 'hamburger' menu top right.
- Past year numbers can change as: (1) the IDI extracts are on an "as at" point in time basis, so data refreshes will re-read in any backdated data updates submitted by data providers; and (2) every data refresh involves re-extracting all the past years which are then subjected to Stats NZ's random rounding rules.